Can not log into 1p on new computer in either app or web.

Options
TMmartinello
TMmartinello
Community Member

Hello. got a brand new Windows 11 PC. Downloaded the 1password app and was having issues logging in. When I click the option to log into 1password.com it times out saying "The site can't be reached". I had added the port, google chrome and the 1password app to the firewall for access.

When I choose the emergency kit option, I enter all information and get the error "Weren't able to sing into your account, maybe a typo?"

Same message when trying to log in with my login info and secret key.

Next I try with SSO. It says "1password is offline, Check your internet connection and try again". I have internet connection, everything else is working besides 1password.

I try to login to the website version, same issue, the website times out.

Needless to say, I am at a loss. Pls help.

1password is still working on my phone, ipad and laptops. Not sure what the issue is with this PC.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome or Edge

Comments

• Hi there @TMmartinello

Sorry to hear about the trouble here. Can you try signing in this way instead and see if it helps?

1. Sign in to 1Password.com at this specific link: https://start.1password.com/apps/
    • If you're already signed in to 1Password.com, you can click the 🔽 down arrow next to your name and then "Get the Apps".
    1. Click the blue Add your account directly button and click Open 1Password in any confirmation prompt that appears.
    2. Enter your account password when prompted and sign in.

If that doesn't work, try starting your computer in Safe Mode to help rule out anything else that might be running at the same time: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows - Microsoft Support.

Give those things a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.