Unable to install nightly build: "A JavaScript error occurred in the main process"

Options
cjbulow
cjbulow
Community Member

After restarting for upgrade to 8.10.6-5 Nightly restarted app crashes -- repeatable -- with this error message below. OS Big Sur 11.7.7.

No changes here as far as I'm aware but re-installing v.8.10.5 of 1PW brings a working app back. Have returned off nightly updates for the moment.

Uncaught Exception:
Error: dlopen(/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/index.node, 1): Symbol not found: _$s10Foundation11JSONDecoderC6decode_4fromxxm_AA4DataVtKSeRzlFTj
Referenced from: /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/index.node (which was built for Mac OS X 13.0)
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation

at process.func [as dlopen] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:1822)
at Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1326:18)
at Object.func [as .node] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:2049)
at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1096:32)
at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:937:12)
at f._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:13330)
at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1120:19)
at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:103:18)
at 361 (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:44043)
at n (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:148998)

Comments

• Hi there @cjbulow

We're looking into this bug with the latest nightly builds on versions of macOS older than macOS Ventura. As you've found, using the Production version of 1Password will still work as expected.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I've added you to our internal tracker for this issue. Let me know if you have any questions or need any other help.

— Grey

ref: dev/core/core#21441

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update.

• @cjbulow – You're welcome. :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Any news yet please? Anything I can test on? Thanks.

• @cjbulow – Our Development team have solved the underlying cause of this issue and it's now resolved in the latest nightlies, so you can now switch production channel to Nightly and update to the latest when prompted. If you run into any trouble along the way, let me know.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Yup; hadn't checked as hadn't seen an update here but all looks OK now & latest Nightly installed.

• @cjbulow – Ace! Thanks for letting me know. Sorry for the hiccup. :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

It's beta, so totally par for the course, not a problem :)

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• rbaugh
    rbaugh
    Community Member
    Options

Working version:
    1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007011)

macOS Monterey v12.6

As soon as I revert back to 81007011, the app works but immediately tries to install 8.10.7-30.nightly which causes the below to error on app open.

Uncaught Exception:
    Error: dlopen(/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/index.node, 0x0001): Symbol not found: (_$s10Foundation11JSONDecoderC6decode_4fromxxm_AA4DataVtKSeRzlFTj)
    Referenced from: '/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Frameworks/index.node'
    Expected in: '/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation'
    at process.func [as dlopen] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:1822)
    at Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1326:18)
    at Object.func [as .node] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:2049)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1096:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:937:12)
    at f._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:13330)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1120:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:103:18)
    at 361 (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:44637)
    at n (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:149553)

• ag_tommy
    Options

@rbaugh

The team is working on a resolution to this regression. Please continue to use the nightly for the time being. I hope they'll have this resolved in a build later today/tonight.

This discussion has been closed.