1password just popped up a message saying my secret key has been changed.

Options
loopless1
loopless1
Community Member

This completely freaked me out. 1Password 8 popped a message saying my secret key had been changed (it hadn’t, not sure how even to check?) and asked me to enter my account password. I cancelled the dialog and 1password continued as if nothing had happened. Is this some kind of weird bug?

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.4.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello @loopless1! 👋

I'm sorry that you received an unexpected message that your Secret Key has been changed. Since I don't have access to your account information here on the public forums, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can take a look and advise further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21122

• loopless1
    loopless1
    Community Member
    Options

[#EHZ-54281-284]

I checked , and using my untouched secret key, was able to log-in to my 1password.com account. So clearly this was some kind of bogus, but very scary message.

• @loopless1

Thank you and my apologies for the scare. My colleagues will follow up via email.

ref: EHZ-54281-284

This discussion has been closed.