Admin group for user's equipment passwords and other user's work passwords

Options

I am having a hard time trying to search for an answer because I am not sure how to phrase the search, so I thought better to post my question.
How do other Admins setup 1Password in work environments that deal with laptop login passwords and potentially other user passwords?

Example: I need to work on a user's MacBook Pro while they are at lunch, in meeting or out with a loaner. I'll need to know the user login and password if they have changed it recently. 1Password would have that but typically it would be stored in the user's "Private" vault. Is there a way to create a user vault that is shared with just the Administrator?

That way, the admin can see each user's shared private vault, but each user cannot see each other's shared private vault.

I hope I have explained this sufficiently.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: MacOS 12.6.5
Browser:_ Safari 16.1

Comments

• ag_max
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @mike7854r,

A Private vault belonging to a team member cannot be accessed or viewed by anyone else on the team, not even an owner or administrator.

If you're an administrator using 1Password Business or Teams, you could create a shared vault and assign a single user access. The team member can move or copy the item to the new shared vault. Here you'll both be able to view the local device login credentials and anything else you'll both need access to. You could name the vault "Mike + [team member's name]".

This discussion has been closed.