Extension is becoming increasingly unreliable

Options
JupiterDan
JupiterDan
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user for over 10 years and have been a Teams Plan customer for my org for 3 years (I sold my company on the software due to being so happy with it for personal use). We use 1Password on Windows via the extension for Microsoft Edge.

Over the past year or so, my coworkers and I have been having increasingly common issues with the browser extension that occur across updates, users, and devices; have no clear explanation; and, due to their frequency, require constant restarts of the browser in order to address. This includes:
1) changes made to logins or new logins added via web app don't sync to the extension
2) the extension stops being able to autofill anything
3) saved login doesn't appear when accessing a known login page
4) trying to create a new login by clicking the "use generated password" button on the page does nothing
5) 1Password app simply doesn't open

If these are bugs, they should have been fixed ages ago. Signing out and in of the extension has proven to NOT be a permanent fix. Add to this the excessively frequent major changes to the extension, some of which cause random, confusing pop-ups for users (like suddenly offering to save "new provider sign-ins" even though the user has already saved that login information in 1Password, so then I have to figure what the heck is going on and start turning that feature off for everyone across the org which could have been prevented by having the feature OFF by default and providing explanation to opt my org in to the feature if I wanted to), and weird design choices like not having a simple button in the extension to go the web app (which is bizarre). As an IT director for my organization, all of this makes my original recommendation to implement 1Password harder and harder to defend as people get more frustrated.

Am I alone in having these issues? Is there any relief on the horizon here? Does AgileBits have some kind of long-term plan to improve reliability and get the browser extension stable? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Any help with these questions would be appreciated.

Thank you for your attention.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Windows 10 and 11
Browser:_ Edge

This discussion has been closed.