To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating from "standalone" 1PW7 to 1PW8 on mac

Options
bpo13
bpo13
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Memberships

I have several questions regarding my planned migration from 1PW7 (a standalone vault on my mac) to 1PW8. I do have a annual subscription on 1PW.com. I have a confusing history of 1PW subscriptions. I originally began 1PW back with 1PW6 for Mac. I upgraded to 1PW7. Later I opened a family subscription for my mother and wife (and myself), but kept using my “standalone” 1PW7 on my Mac. I still use WLAN sync to my iOS devices.
Earlier this year I closed the family account and now have a single active annual subscription only for myself. I still have 1PW7 (standalone) on my mac and would like to upgrade to 1PW8. After reading a lot of info on the community about migrating I am a bit confused and have several questions.

1. When I migrated my 1PW7 vault data to my 1PW web account it created a lot of duplicates. Can I delete the entire vault on my 1PW account and start the migration from my older 1PW7 account over again in order to avoid doing lots of individual item deletes?
  2. Several of my “Secure Notes” have attached PDF files within them. When I look at my 1PW account vault, the Notes are there but have an “this item has an unsupported field” notification. I checked and the PDF’s are not there. Are attachments NOT supported any longer? (or on the web based 1PW account)?
  3. I’m unsure about my 1PW data on my IOS devices that I have been syncing using WLAN. If I upgrade the IOS apps to Vers8 is this all that’s necessary? The inx. say to “If you’re using a mobile device, you should also uninstall 1Password 7 on your iOS or Android device after you upgrade to 1Password 8. When I look on the current IOS app settings there is a “migrate data to your account” field. Do I have to manually do this on each of my devices before I delete 1PW7 on them?
  4. The migration instructions also say “Delete any primary accounts before upgrading to 1PW8 on my mac. I’ve created backups of my vault data just in case, but I’m assuming once I delete my older “Primary” vault that data is completely gone…right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.