UpsideDownCake Android 14 Beta

Options
F451
F451
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Android

Has anyone on the 1Password team been running the new UpsideDownCake Android 14 beta? I have been running it since last week and encountered the following while using the latest 1Password Android beta:

1. 1Password login screen appears, but disappears after signing in, with the inability to access any of the 1Password app itself.

2. You can enter passwords into apps, but the same symptoms are encountered as listed in item 1. The login window apps and then disappears, but if there are additional 1Password sections for that login, they never appear. If you have and are required to enter more than one login for the same website, you cannot do so, as it will enter the first choice in 1Password.

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.5-10 beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14 beta
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @F451, thanks for writing in!

I suspect point 1 is related to an issue introduced with the Android 14 beta. We anticipate this will be addressed on Android's end but the development team here is working on a fix to help ensure the issue is resolved as soon as possible.

The crash occurs when opening the Search tab. To help avoid the crash you can open to Watchtower then continue accessing the Home, Items and Watchtower tabs. To do so you can long press the 1Password app icon then select "Open Watchtower".

For point 2, do you often fill items from the Autofill menu by selecting the "Open 1Password" prompt?

• F451
    F451
    Community Member
    Options

There are four (4) “long press” tabs available: Open Search, Open Watchtower, All Items, Favorites. The only one that crashes after selecting and entering my 1Password password is Open Search as you stated. Regarding point 2, yes I use the Open 1Password prompt for most of app password entries, or when said prompt is available—this is my preferred means. Thanks for responding so quickly. A crash report was sent to Google, as prompted after 1Password crashing a certain amount of times, regarding 1Password, so I trust Google’s development team is aware and working on the issue too.

• Hi @F451, thanks for confirming those details.

From our investigation the crash occurs when the search field is focused due to a change introduced with Android 14. I suspect interacting with the search field in the Autofill ("Open 1Password") menu is resulting in the same behavior. As noted we expect this to be addressed and are working on a fix from our end as well. With any luck this should be resolved before too long.

Thanks again for writing in and reporting this. If there's anything else we can help with just let me know!

• Hi @F451, I just wanted to follow up and mention that we have included a change to address this crash in our latest beta, version 8.10.6-10. If the update is not currently available for you it should be rolled out soon through the Play Store.

When you get the chance to update, let us know if you're still seeing a crash. Thanks again!

• theoilside
    theoilside
    Community Member
    Options

I can access the 1Password 8 app on Android 14 now. Thanks for the 8.10.6-10 beta update!

• Great to hear @theoilside! Thanks for letting us know that works for you.

• F451
    F451
    Community Member
    Options

It nows works me too. Apologies for the late response as I ran into some matters requiring my full attention.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@F451

I'm happy to hear that everything is now working for you as well. 🙂

-Dave

• LucaJones
    LucaJones
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you for the information and workaround tips regarding the Android 14 beta issue. I appreciate your assistance in addressing the problem.

• On behalf of myself and the team, you are very welcome! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

• captaincringe
    captaincringe
    Community Member
    Options

I also experienced the addressed issue of signing in. The password login screen appears but after signing in it disappears suddenly. When it is going to be fixed?

• ag_audrey
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hey @captaincringe, my sincere apologies for the delay in response. This was resolved in an earlier version of 1Password for Android. Can you confirm the version you are on?

• captaincringe
    captaincringe
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, @ag_audrey I had experienced that issue but I also managed to solve that earlier. Thanks for your kind reply.

• Thank you for clarifying, @captaincringe!

• peterpong
    peterpong
    Community Member
    Options

I Helped To me By Thise Discussion.
    thank you..
    team FMWhatsApp

• orrgaaszm
    orrgaaszm
    Community Member
    edited April 10
    Options