To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

HELP. How to stop active 1Password breach

Options
EBEB
EBEB
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Memberships

My home was broken into and my 1Password Emergency Kit was taken so we changed our secret key. We noticed a strange new login so we changed the secret key again. Then we saw ANOTHER strange log in (both log ins are not from the city where we live). We have changed our secret key yet again. Is it possible for someone to bypass our secret key? Desperate for advice to protect our data as this is happening right now!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• joshua_1p
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @EBEB

I see that you have gotten in contact with 1Password Support via email. To avoid exposing confidential information, let us continue our conversation via email. Please expect a reply from me shortly. This will allow us to go into greater detail about sorting things out.

ref: DAD-86272-386

• lodaka
    lodaka
    Community Member
    Options

I know this is very case specific but how is this possible? Wouldn't changing the secret key and deactivating the login prevent further logins?

• Hi @lodaka

There is no way to bypass the Secret Key to authorize a new device. Once the Secret Key associated with a 1Password account is regenerated, it is no longer valid and cannot be used to sign-in to an account. You must have the newly generated Secret Key and account password to sign-in. Some common issues with unknown sign-ins are associated with Apple's iCloud Private Relay and how your ISP routes your internet traffic, as this can cause new device sign-ins to appear a bit distant from you.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.