Fixing specific fields that fail to autofill on specific websites

Options
asdfgeoff
asdfgeoff
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have noticed that specific websites sometimes fail to autofill specific fields from my 1Password entries. I presume this is because the website developers used non-standard markup, and so 1Password cannot recognize the field properly.

If one were comfortable with Chrome Inspector, and sufficiently motivated to solve the issue, is there a guide or document that describes the steps involved?

———

👇 A specific example: the Royal Mail payment form fails to fill the CVV field from my payment entries.

Inspecting the input element, this is the markup:

<input id="securityCode" name="securityCode" type="text" inputmode="numeric" maxlength="3" data-minlength="3" placeholder="" data-length-message="Enter a valid security code" data-mandatory-message="Enter a valid security code" class="textbox pin security-code" ontouchstart="" data-populate="card-security-code" value="" aria-describedby="pin-helptxt securityCode-hint" autocomplete="cc-csc">

The default name of the field in my 1P entry is verification number. I tried manually creating three new fields (of type "Password") with names: cc-csc, card-security-code, and securityCode, but to no avail.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Arc (Chromium)

Comments

• Hey @asdfgeoff,

I have done some testing on this page and it seems that on filling the Credit Card either from the inline menu suggestion beneath the field or by clicking autofill after selecting the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar it doesn't fill that CVV field. However, on clicking into the CVV field and selecting the inline menu suggestion the credential did indeed fill, does this work for you?

If you have any other websites where the behaviour is not as you'd expect please feel free to send them over so we can take a look and firstly, file issues with our development team if things aren't working as they should be and secondly help with a workaround to get your information to fill.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.