Bug report: ctrl+shift+x does not open 1password chrome extension prompt

Options

Specifically this happens when signed into a second profile in Chrome. Chrome has native integration with Google accounts; I'm signed into two of them, and whenever my Chrome window is associated with the second profile, ctrl+shift+x does not work.

browser: Google Chrome Version 112.0.5615.165 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Comments

• Hi @sxlijin, thanks for reaching out!

Can you confirm if the 1Password extension is fully up to date in your second profile?

Additionally, if you right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings", then click "Change on the Extensions page..." within the Shortcuts section, is the shortcut for activating the extension still set to Ctrl+Shift+X?

I look forward to hearing from you!

• sxlijin
    sxlijin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response! I have it working now- I think it might actually be a Chrome bug.

The extension is up-to-date (2.10.0) and it did show Ctrl+Shift+X, but on a whim I figured I'd try setting it to Ctrl+Shift+X - or even a different shortcut - to see if it was consistent across different settings. The moment I set it to Ctrl+Shift+X, it worked; which suggests to me that it didn't correctly carry the shortcut setting from the first profile to the second profile when propagating shortcuts, I'd guess.

• Hey @sxlijin,

Thank you for the update, please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.