How can we apply changes in passwords on guest vaults?

Options
Airsave
Airsave
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Business and Teams

Good day everyone,

We currently use the 1password teams license and were happy to find out that we can invite some other guests to a vault.
The only downside is that we noticed that when an entry is changed, for example the login field, the change is only applied to the entry in the vault of which you're currently in.

What we would like to see is that if we change details of an entry that is in vault A, the changes are also being applied to the same (duplicated) entry in Vault B.

Is this a possibility?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas, Airsave

1Password Version: 8.10.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @Airsave,

There isn't currently a way to share items across multiple vaults in a way that would allow the item to be edited in one vault and have it reflected in another. For these situations, we recommend creating a new vault for the item and sharing it with any individuals or groups who need to access it. This ensures that there's only a single item (not multiple duplicates for the same item across different vaults), and it also only allows it to be edited by those who have the configured permission to do so.

• Airsave
    Airsave
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @ag_max,

A bit late on our response but still; thanks for your advice!
    We've tried working according to your advice but are unfortunately not able to get it working as we'd like.

The guest accounts are limited to be in one vault only and that's where the 'problem' starts for us. Let me elaborate:

In this moment I, as the founder own the 1pw account and i've stored everything from the beginning on at this account. When my first employee joined we used the account because it was convenient.
    At the moment of writing we are a company of five people, with some freelance engineers joining whenever we have service days at our customers.

I would like to get it structurized so that I as the owner can access all vaults, and the other three people will be split into two groups: management and employees. Last but not least I would like to have a group/vault that contains passwords we commonly use for minor risk accounts such as e.g. takeaway so that the employees/freelancers can order on behalf of the business when at a customer.

So, technically:

Rank S member; ability to store passwords within own tier and use those from lower tiers
    Rank A member; ability to store and use from tier A and lower, but obiously not from S
    Rank B .... etc.

Question comes down to: Is there a package that 1Password offers which can achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

edit:typo

• GreyM1P
    Options

@Airsave

It sounds like custom groups might be what would help with this, which are available as part of a 1Password Business account. You can learn more about the differences between Teams and Business here: Pricing for teams & businesses.

You can change from a 1Password Teams account to 1Password Business by following the steps shown here: Change your 1Password account type # If you have a team or business account.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help, and we'll be here. :)

This discussion has been closed.