1P not populating login fields

Options
statto1927
statto1927
Community Member

I've been noticing this for a while, but it's become really annoying now.
On a website login page, the username field will show the 1P icon. Nothing is being populated automatically. If I Hover over the field, or click the 1P icon in the field nothing happens. I basically have to go to 1P in the browser bar or open Quick Access and copy and paste bother username and password individually. What's going on?

PS Version info as below - yes I know I'm not running the latest macOS but my iMac won't update beyond Catalina, it's too old.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10./0
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Safari 15.6.1

Comments

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

OK, so I've narrowed this down. It works fine when I use Chrome, so looks like a Safari issue.
    PS - Autofill from the browser bar doesn't work in Safari either.
    Anyone?

• Hey @statto1927,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

If you click on the 1Password icon in your Safari toolbar, what happens? Can you enter your password and see your items?

Is the behaviour the same if you follow the below steps:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on.

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, ok Steph

Clicking on the 1P icon in Safari's toolbar had no effect other than continually prompting me for 1P master password (with no following effect).

Following the steps you outlined 1-4 appears to have resolved the issue.

Very odd. What would have cause the app to stop functioning properly?

Thanks

Simon

• Sorry for the delayed response @statto1927.

I'm glad the steps got things back on track for you. It sounds like 1Password in Safari was having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app. This can sometimes happen after an update or your browser or 1Password and generally a restart will get things working again.

That being said, if you continue to run into issues please get back in touch so we can take a deeper looking into what may be going wrong.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.