Linked Apps section reordering issue

Options
vikaesar
vikaesar
Community Member

Hi, I don’t know if this is a bug or the intended behavior, but I cannot reorder the Linked Apps section inside my items. This section is shown under the website field, above other sections that I consider more important. To my mind, it doesn’t make much sense to display it so high up in the desktop application and I cannot move it to the bottom.

1Password Version: 8.10.5
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Browser:_ Vivaldi

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @vikaesar! To make sure I'm understanding correctly, you'd like to be able to move the entire Linked Apps section to the very bottom of an item?

If so, could you provide some more details on your use case here, for example what types of sections you would consider more important? The reason I'm asking this is to help us to better understand your needs and file a detailed feature request on your behalf. Thanks! 😄

• vikaesar
    vikaesar
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi, @1P_Gem. Not necessarily to the bottom, but I’d like to place the entire Linked Apps section under other sections that I have manually added to an item, which I consider more important. I would place it just before the Related Items section. Sometimes I don't even want to add my own sections, but some custom fields under the website field instead, and Linked Apps get in the way.

Related to this issue, it has always seemed to me that Linked Apps and Related Items take up too much vertical space when there are many such entries in an item. Arranging them somehow in columns for desktop applications would improve the item display.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem If you ask me, I'd like the "linked Apps" section to the bottom, or even hidden, because this is information I don't need. While it's somewhere in the middle of other section, it clutters the view and requires me to look below it and even scroll to the bottom. Custom fields get lost between this section and the tag display.

It's the same with the "related items" section. If you could somehow merge this and the linked apps together and make them use less space would be nice. The related items has some use, because you can click on them to open the linked item, while the linked apps have no use whatsoever. You only use these to delete them, if you want to deauthorize an app to automatically fill this item.

Look at this item. It's my online banking entry, and it's really cluttered. I need to scroll to see all relevant information. And I'm desperate to move the custom fields to the top, but I'm unable to.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @vikaesar and @Tertius3, thanks for taking the time to provide detailed feedback here! I can definitely understand how reducing the space taken up by the Linked Apps and Related Items sections (or being able to hide them entirely), and also allowing for them to be moved lower down in an item, could be helpful.

I've gone ahead and filed feature requests on behalf of each of you with our Product team, including all of the details you've provided here.

If you have any further feedback or questions, let me know 😄

ref: 32828817
    ref: 32829026

This discussion has been closed.