Teams: setting up 1PW for small business of 8 people (tips please)

Options
RuthGroves
RuthGroves
Community Member

Hi. Im just about to transfer 100+ passwords across from a doc to 1PW. We will have 3 sets of information: information just for Directors (myself + management viewing; any of the 4 of us can create, edit and view); the entire team (Ill be administrator, for creating & editing) and individual information.

We will be using Laptops with latest version of 1PW and Chrome Extension, and Windows 10 & 11, Chrome Browser as well as iphones & one android phone.

Any tips before I start my manual transfer journey. Im wanting to set up in an intuitive function that is easy and safe to use.

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @RuthGroves.

One tip I can share is to create additional vaults if you intend to separate that information that you'll be importing. For example, information for Directors can be stored in the "Director's vault", information for the entire team can be stored in another shared vault, and you can configure the permissions for these vaults to reflect the intended access.

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

After importing your data you can then move the items to their respective vaults:

[Move or copy items}(https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items)

You can also contact us via email if you'd like to work more closely with our team in private. You can send us an email at businesssupport@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.