AWS IAM requires two different MFA codes

Options
kenguru
kenguru
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I recently signed into AWS which now requires a separate account from the Amazon account.
This new account can enable MFA, however after scanning the code AWS requires two MFA codes.
As far as I can tell the 1Password app only support a single MFA code, but if I'm failing to notice something obvious I'm open to suggestions.

1Password Version: 81004032, on PRODUCTION channel
Extension Version: 20246, on STABLE channel
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:AWS IAM requires two different MFA codes

Comments

• Didac
    Didac
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue. AWS requires me 2 codes of 6 digits each, while 1password is providing me 2 of only 3 digits each.
    I think this is a bug.

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @kenguru

You can add a second one-time password to an item in the main 1Password app:

1. Find the item and click Edit.
    2. Click "+ add more" > "One-Time Password".
    3. Paste in the one-time password secret or click the scan button if a QR code is visible on the screen.
    4. Click Save.

The one-time password you added first will be anchored to the top, with the username and password, and the second one will be further down, like this:

In the browser, the first one-time password will autofill, then you can click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and click the second one to copy it and paste it into the page.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• GreyM1P
    Options

@Didac

1Password will generate six-digit one-time passwords and separate them with a bullet, like 123 • 456. This is for easier reading, rather than two separate three-digit one-time passwords.

• Didac
    Didac
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @GreyM1P thank you for your prompt response, we appreciate that :)
    I've tried to add a second one-time password, but now the problem is that both codes are equal. I introduce them in AWS but says "Authentication code for device is not valid." What do you think I can do?

• GreyM1P
    Options

@Didac

Each one-time password will have its own secret, and you'll need to add both of those individually to make sure they each provide the correct one-time password. If you're having trouble with those secrets, you should refer to the documentation from AWS to help with that.

This discussion has been closed.