Import Feature for Windows

Options
ChikaAcholonu
ChikaAcholonu
Community Member

Hi, I noticed that whenever I try importing credentials from LastPass using the Import feature into my Private vault on 1Password, a credential called 'Imported Unknown Data' is also imported. It has the icon of a secure note. It doesn't happen when the items to be imported are from a folder on LastPass, for those items 1Password regenerates a vault with an identical name and puts them in there.
Is this behavior to be expected using the Windows 1Password app

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @ChikaAcholonu! This does sound expected - to make sure nothing is left behind, 1Password imports account-related settings and other metadata as Secure Notes. These will be shown as Imported Unknown Data. You can review and archive them if you don't need them.

• ChikaAcholonu
    ChikaAcholonu
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for confirming that!

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @ChikaAncholonu, you're very welcome! 😄

• ChikaAcholonu
    ChikaAcholonu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'm back again with questions about Import on Windows. Non-admin users trying to import items into the Team's 1Password account are seeing the 'import' button greyed out. Does the import feature have to be enabled for other users?

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @ChikaAcholonu, apologies for the delay in our response here! Do these users have permission to create vaults? If a user doesn't have this permission, the option will be greyed out in the app. If you would prefer not to give these permissions to non-admin users, our web-based importer should still work for them, as it imports into a single existing vault, rather than creating any.

This discussion has been closed.