Hide my Email

Options
danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I am not sure if 1PW is interfering with Safari, or if there is a Mac issue.

I have just subscribed to iCloud+ soI thought I should be able to enter a new email address in Safari on my Mac whenever I want. But when I went to a page I saw the 1PW icon in the email field and my two email addresses that 1PW has. There seemed no option to use Hide my Email. I am aware that 1PW does not integrate with Hide my Email, but I had expected that hiding 1PW on the page would work. Do I need to change something in Safari? Hide my Email seems to be working fine in Mail but not in Safari

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2023
    Options

@danco

Did you re-enable "using information from my contacts" in Safari > Settings > Autofill. I suspect you might have it disabled. That is the only setting I am aware of that will make this possible. If you continue to have trouble you might want to reach out to Apple. I had a rather strange oddity the other day and they had a resolution for me in 10-15 minutes. Cough user error on my part. ;) My issue was also concerning iCloud+, just not email related.

 Apple Support - Contact Us

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Thanks. That seems to be it. Something that would never have occurred to me.

• On behalf of @ag_tommy, you're most welcome, @danco! It's great to hear that resolved things.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

This discussion has been closed.