Trouble saving passwords and not seeing the same passwords in the desktop app and browser extension

Options
jough
jough
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I am new to 1password and so far finding very little that works well about it (other than the migration from LastPass). I have the Mac desktop app v8 and the chrome extension.

1) I have to manually add new passwords to the Mac desktop app because the chrome extension can generate a password but will not save it. When filling out a form to create a new account on a website, 1password will suggest a password but clicking on this suggestion will not insert it into the password fields, so I then have to copy and paste a new password from the chrome extension into the desktop app in order to save it, but then...

2) Most of the time, but not all, the desktop app tells me that it is offline and cant update other apps until its back online (even though I am clearly online).

3) when I do add a new password to the desktop app I can confirm that it syncd to 1password.com but does not sync to the chrome extension. Ever.

So far 1password is a largely frustrating waste of time.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Mac 13.2.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:chrome sync

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@jough

I would highly encourage you to update all things Apple if you have not done so. Several important updates have been released. You indicated you were using 13.2.1 and 13.3.1(a) is available.

 Apple Support - Keep your Mac up to date, - Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, - Update your Apple Watch

I think 3 is a byproduct of 2. Are you using a VPN or in a corporate environment? You'll likely have a better experience once we can isolate what is causing the off-line indicator. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device, which will help us better determine what's happening with that off-line indicator. I would encouraging updating macOS before sending the report if possible this will ensure we're working with a fully up to date version of macOS.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: jough
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/139991/new-to-1password-so-many-problems#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• jough
    jough
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for taking time to reply, but everything that hasn't worked with 1password works beautifully with BitWarden. I'm outta here.

• Thank you for getting back to us @jough.

I'm sorry things didn't work out, if you decide you would like to give things another try please let us know and we will be more than happy to help get things up and running for you.

Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.