Safari Extension appears to crash Safari on iPad Pro

Options
tjfoth
tjfoth
Community Member
edited May 2023 in iOS

iOS: 16.4.1 (a)
1Password: 8.10.4

When extension is enabled, Safari crashed frequently and often almost immediately on activation. When disabled, no problems.

Other than disabling the extension, any ideas to fix it?

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 8.10.4
OS Version: iOS 16.14(a)
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @tjfoth! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry that Safari is crashing when you use the 1Password browser extension. Please reproduce the crash one more time and then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• tjfoth
    tjfoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm at a loss on how to proceed. For whatever reason, Mail is defaulting to my corporate email address (even though it is not the default account for Mail) and my corporate email won't send the file (the email appears to be sent, but when you look in the sent folder, it isn't there).

My 1Password is corporate sponsored: is that why it is defaulting to my corporate email address?

It doesn't appear I can cut and paste the file to another email client. I can't find the file in Files.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@tjfoth

Diagnostics can only be sent using the native Mail app on the iPad. If you tap on the "From:" field in the Mail app then are you able to choose to send the diagnostics report from another email address?

If you're not then can you double-check that another email address is enabled for the Mail app: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

-Dave

• tjfoth
    tjfoth
    Community Member
    Options

I have other emails set up. That was the first thing I checked. It only gives me my corporate email address or a random email address (the one Apple creates for privacy).

• tjfoth
    tjfoth
    Community Member
    Options

When I compose an email outside of submitting the diagnostic report, it shows all of my email addresses.

• tjfoth
    tjfoth
    Community Member
    Options

When I click on cancel, I do get a draft but it is without the attachment.

I added my home email address to the cc of the one with the attachment but I don’t receive a copy.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@tjfoth

I recommend reaching out to either Apple Support or to your corporate IT team so that they can see why you're unable to change the sending email address in the Apple Mail app. You can find Apple Support here: Official Apple Support

Once you're able to send in the diagnostics report we can investigate the 1Password crash issue further. Let me know if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• tjfoth
    tjfoth
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, is it perhaps due to how you're calling the API?

• tjfoth
    tjfoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

It is not the API. Sorry for my really bad suggestion.

I was able to get the email to send to myself with smaller file sizes. Your diagnostic file is 42.9 MB. Neither gmail (my personal email) or Outlook (for work) will let me send 42.9 MB. I need to send a link.

• tjfoth
    tjfoth
    Community Member
    Options

That's one very large JSON file!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@tjfoth

Thank you for the reply. Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com with a link to this thread and, once we've received your email, one of my colleagues can generate a secure upload link so that you can share the file with the support team. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place.

-Dave

• tjfoth
    tjfoth
    Community Member
    Options

Done. This is the ID from my sending the link: [#XEK-68616-248]

Thanks for your help.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@tjfoth

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that your ticket has made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once I'm closing this thread. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: XEK-68616-248

This discussion has been closed.