V8 app silently undoing already-typed characters as keyboard focus leaves the text field

Options
Claudi
Claudi
Community Member

Some time around the release of app version 8, the app started silently undoing keypresses in text fields, even though the characters I typed were already visible inside the textfield.

For example, if I’m in a text field and type this-is-my-password, quickly followed by Tab (or quickly leaving the field through some other means), that input may stay visible only for a split-second after leaving focus, and 1Password then silently replaces my input with e.g. this-is-m, or this-is-my-passwo, or just t. Sometimes it even brings back old field content that I had overwritten.
I’ve run into this issue many times over the last twelve months, both in text fields and password fields, and in both field titles and field contents.

A few things I’ve observed about the issue:

• if it happens, it always happens after a focus change, and always within a split second after the field loses focus; and
  • if it happens, it always affects the n most recent keypresses I did before I changed focus; and
  • whatever I have typed is always visible in the text field until a split second after the field loses focus.

I can reproduce this issue about 1 % of the time on my machine, i.e. in 1 out of 100 focus change events from a text field to another UI element. This may sound negligible but it’s actually enough to inadvertently lose data, lose trust in data integrity, or both. It basically makes me second-guess everything that I type into the 1P app. That’s not exactly the level of trust I expect myself to put into an app that basically owns my digital life.

Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Arch Linux
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:v8 characters

This discussion has been closed.