How to authorize in remote ssh session?

Options
d0zingcat
d0zingcat
Community Member
edited May 2023 in SSH

Hey guys,

I have a situation where I have two Mac devices, which I'll call "mac_personal" and "mac_work". One is for personal use and the other is for work purposes. However, I can only access remote servers from "mac_personal".

When working on "mac_work", I sometimes need to log in to remote servers to perform tasks such as restarting services. To do this, I often use screen sharing to log in to "mac_personal" (via VNC), open up a terminal, and then log in to the remote servers. I have set up SSH agents in the SSH config, which prompts me with a 1Password GUI to authorize (enter a password or select which application to authorize).

However, VNC is quite slow, so I often use SSH to connect to "mac_personal" and then log in to the remote servers. The issue is that it gets stuck on the login step, as it actually prompts me with an authorization window and waits for me to authorize (which I can see if I log in with VNC). So, I have no way to enter the password or authorize only in the SSH session. That's my question and problem. Do you have any ideas for me?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.4 (81004032)
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)
Browser:_ Chrome Version 112.0.5615.137 (Official Build)

Comments

• Do you have 1Password installed on "mac_work" as well and are you signed in there to the account with the required SSH keys? If so, you could enable SSH agent forwarding for "mac_personal" in your SSH config file on "mac_work".

This discussion has been closed.