Cannot set up Face ID

Options
jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member

I have seen instructions to go into Settings > Security and enable Face ID. But there is no setting for that.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.4.1 (a)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@jasimon9

Try looking in the other apps section of iOS > Settings > Face ID and Passcode and see if 1Password is disabled. That can happen if you've ever said no to the prompt and then the options might not present themselves within 1Password > Settings > Security. Also make sure the feature is enabled in general for within iOS > Settings > Face ID and Passcode

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member
    Options

Mystery solved!

I was having trouble with my wife's phone where on Messages it always said "Wife has sllenced notifications" no matter what we did on any of her devices. During an AppleCare call the other day, they had us reset her phone but it did not help. Then they had me reset my phone (settings not reload iOS) thinking the issue was on my phone. Eventually that issue got fixed.

But I had not reset my phone for a while and was not aware that one of the things you have to re-establish is Face ID. So that is my the Face ID settings were not showing up. Once I re-established Face ID on the phone, the settings then appear on the 1P Security page.

So I think we are now back to normal.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jasimon9

I'm happy to hear that you were able to solve the mystery. Thank you for sharing the solution with the community 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.