Firefox jumps to front when in Background

Options

I'm having a problem with Firefox jumping to the front window when 1Password is the only password extension loaded in Firefox.

ie If i am on a Microsoft Teams call (another app is front) Firefox will jump to the front window every 10 minutes or so.

If I quit Firefox and use Chrome (or Safari) this problem doesn't show up

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: 13.3.1 (a)
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hey @krislane,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having, the behaviour you are describing does indeed sounds strange.

Are you able to reliably reproduce this behaviour? When Firefox jumps to the front is 1Password prompting you to unlock or is it already unlocked? Do you notice it happens when you are doing something specific or does it seem random?

Any information would be really helpful.

• krislane
    krislane
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Steph!

It’s most obvious when I am doing a teams call obviously but happens when the finder is focus. The 1Password extension is the only extension loaded and I’m unable to reproduce the same behaviour when I start Firefox in safe mode with all extensions disabled.

• Thank you for getting back to me @krislane, I'm sorry for the delayed reply.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at the behaviour you are seeing. Would you be able to take a screen recording of this behaviour and if possible reproduce it and grab some logs for us?

Here's how: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser.

Please attach both of these to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.