To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I want 2FA .My google Authenticator number is not accepted.Will two factor authe sites give me a num

Options
mfremar
mfremar
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Memberships

Can’t get accepted for two factor Authentication on 1Password.Will site give me a number that I can manually insert?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I want 2FA .My google Authenticator number is not accepted.Will two factor authe sites give me a num

Comments

• Hi @mfremar,

Have you already set up two-factor authentication (2FA) for your account and the 2FA code is not working?

The most common cause of issues with 2FA codes not being accepted comes down to the date, time or timezone settings on the device that is being used as an authenticator. Due to the way it works, 2FA is very sensitive to timing issues - if the time on your device is off by even a small amount relative to the server of the site you're trying to sign into, then the codes generated won't match the codes the server is expecting.

1Password uses the date, time and time zone of the device it's running on to help it generate the codes.

You need to ensure that the date, time and time zone on your device are all 100% accurate for where you are in the world right now.

To check the correct time, you can use helpful websites like: https://time.is/

The exact instructions for adjust the time on a device vary considerably from device to device depending on their type, but date/time/time zone controls can usually be found inside the system settings on the device.

For more accurate steps, you can follow along with the below articles:

Mac
    Windows
    iOS
    Android

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.