Is there a way to auto-fill email fields on forms with a templatized address

Options

I use custom email addresses for each website like apple@mydomain.com for apple.com or nike@mydomain.com for nike.com. Is there a way to have 1password auto-fill that part before the "@" with the domain of the current webpage for me?
For example, could I have an identity record with a templatized email similar to ${domain}@mydomain.com and it would automatically transpose the website's domain into the ${domain} portion?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:custom email

Comments

• Hey @esmalling,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Currently there isn't a way to achieve this behaviour, can you let me know how this would benefit your workflow versus having the relevant email saved with the item for that website?

I'd love to pass on your feedback. Our product team like to hear specific use cases from customers, so any detail you can provide on that front will add extra weight to your feedback.

Thank you!

• esmalling
    esmalling
    Community Member
    Options

This would be for streamlining the form entry when creating a new account.

• ChrisC1P
    Options

@esmalling thanks for letting me know! Although I can't guarantee if or when this feature will be implemented, I've forwarded your feedback to our product team so that they're aware that you would like to have this feature added. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to add or if you have any questions.

ref: PB-33124689

• Notmudge
    Notmudge
    Community Member
    Options

Although this is an old thread, jumping onto this as it would be helpful for users, using catch all domains or other providers such as simplelogin for per website email sign up. Other providers are starting to introduce it such as bitwarden. Even the option for created something similar to the masked mail but with whatever we want ie domain@domain.com etc..

• aplnub
    aplnub
    Community Member
    Options

+3 SimpleLogin.io is my mail service for this exact thing.

• Hey @Notmudge, @aplnub,

Thank you for your feedback, I have filed it with our product team.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: 35848667
    ref: 35848860

This discussion has been closed.