Unlocking Vivaldi Extension doesn't unlock main app and vice versa (Work environment)

Options
jimger
jimger
Community Member

Hi, I have an issue where the 1password 8 app unlocking doesn't unlock the extension of the browser and vice versa. That is the same for both edge and vivaldi. Since that only happens to windows 10 of my work laptop I assume it is related to some kind of security software of work. But do you have any way to debug it and potentially give feedback to our support team to exclude whatever you are using from their antivirus/encryption sw etc?

Btw I didn't have that issue with 1Password 7 and the old extension

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Vivaldi

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jimger, thanks for reaching out about this! Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with both a diagnostics report and an extension console log, so we can investigate further? For your privacy and security, it's important that you don't post either of these on the forums.

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

[#IGY-35316-753]

Forgot to put username to email

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jimger, thanks for letting me know! I can see that we've received your email, and a member of the team will be in touch with you there as soon as possible πŸ˜„

ref: IGY-35316-753

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks much

• 1P_Gem
    Options

You're very welcome! πŸ˜„

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, am having the issue where unlocking 1Password in the Windows desktop browser does not unlock the browser Firefox extension. I am using:
    Browser: Firefox ver 114.0 (64-bit); 1Password Ext Version 2.10.0
    Desktop: Windows 10 latest update; 1Password Version 7.9.833

This was working up until sometime in May, I think. I am posting here because my symptoms sound so similar to the original post. Although I'm still running 1Password 7. Maybe the browser extension is the culprit?

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @DoctorBrown! I'm sorry to hear that you're running into integration issues as well. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com, so we can investigate further?

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1P_Gem. The support ID is:
    [#ZXY-27699-927]

I eagerly await the results!

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @DoctorBrown, thanks for providing your support ID! I can see that we've received your email, and a member of the team will be in touch with you there shortly πŸ˜„

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1P_Gem, I want to close the loop with users here to fill them in on what's happened via email and the support ticket. I have updated to 1Password 8 for Windows and reinstalled the browser extension. 1Password and the browser are now working as expected. It seems that updating or re-installing the components fixed the issue. Please correct me or fill in more details you think it is warranted.

Thanks for the help.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @DoctorBrown, you're very welcome! Thanks for taking the time to close the loop here and let other users know what worked for you πŸ˜„

This discussion has been closed.