Cannot sign into 1Password 8

Options
TWStan
TWStan
Community Member

Hello, yesterday I had to delete my 1pass account because I forgot the password. Argh! I setup a new one account, and created a new password. When I tried to sign-in using the desktop 1Password 8 app, it does not recognize the password. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app, then restarted my computer. It still does not recognize the password. I can login online, but can't login to the desktop app. I don't know what else to do.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• TWStan
    TWStan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, yesterday I had to delete my 1pass account. I setup a new one, and created a new password. When I tried to sign-in using the desktop app, it does not recognize the password. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app, then restarted my computer. It still does not recognize the password. I can login online, but can't login to the desktop app. I don't know what else to do.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• TWStan
    TWStan
    Community Member
    Options

I posted this question with more info in the Windows topic area. Sorry, I don't know how to delete it in Lounge.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @TWStan! It sounds as if the app might still have your previous account added, so you won't be able to unlock it using the password to the new account.

Could you try following the steps in the guide below to give the app a reset and clear out any old account details?

Let me know how this goes!

• TWStan
    TWStan
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that worked! Thank you.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @TWStan, I'm so pleased to hear that all is working well after a reset! Thanks for letting me know 😄

This discussion has been closed.