Apple Watch Unlock - Intermittently Unavailable

Options
saronian
saronian
Community Member

This seems to be a macOS (13.3.1) issue, but every so often my Apple Watch doesn't receive a request to unlock 1Password (8.10.6).
Here are images of macOS + 1Password settings when this occurs.

Here are images of macOS + 1Password settings after a restart.

A restart usually fixes the issue for 1Password. But when it doesn't I can disable the Apple Watch Unlock setting in macOS, restart, then reenable the setting and it will again be available in 1Password.

As I said this appears to be a macOS issue so I don't expect a solution for 1Password, but thought I should make people aware that this is happening.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.4

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @saronian! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for reporting the issue! The behaviour that you described sounds similar to an issue that our developers discovered in macOS and filed a bug report with Apple for. Does Apple Watch unlock generally stop working after you wake your Mac from sleep? If you leave the Mac alone, and awake, for a while (such as for half an hour) does the ability to unlock using your Apple Watch eventually return by itself?

I look forward to hearing from you.πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18393

• saronian
    saronian
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - It consistently stops working after the display "sleeps" and Apple Watch also tries to unlock the Mac but fails.
    Display is set to turn off on power adapter after 3-hours. Anytime prior to that Apple Watch continues to work.
    Once the Apple Watch stops working it will not return without a restart.
    Also no screen saver is set and I do require the computer password immediately after screen is off.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@saronian

Thank you for the reply. That does sound similar to the issue that our developers reported to Apple. I would also encourage you to report the issue to Apple from your end as well so that they're aware that it's affecting you and to see if Apple can offer any workarounds or suggestions in your case: Official Apple Support

Let me know if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.