Add option to open URL in Incognito browser window

Options
prlcutting
prlcutting
Community Member

I am currently in the process of moving from KeePass to 1Password. KeePass has a very handy feature that lets you specify whether a URL should be opened in a regular browser window, or an Incognito window. I really miss this feature. It's very handy when you want to log into the same site with two different identities concurrently. Doing so in a "regular" browser window means the target site often gets confused over identities. Logging into the site in an Incognito window keeps the sessions completely independent, which is perfect for this scenario. Other motivations may exist too of course, e.g., just not wanting to be tracked.

Can I request that this feature be added please?

In KeePass, any given entry can be customized to use a specific browser and/or Incognito mode by default like this:

Alternatively, the URL associated with an entry can be invoked explicitly like this:

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @prlcutting, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion! I can definitely understand how being able to specify whether an item should be opened in a regular or incognito window would be useful. I've gone ahead and filed a feature request with our product team on your behalf, including all of the details you've provided here.

If you have any further feedback or questions, let me know!

ref: 33245167

• prlcutting
    prlcutting
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1P_Gem - thanks for creating a ticket on my behalf. Much appreciated!

• 1P_Gem
    Options

You're very welcome 😄 don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any further suggestions or questions!

• Deltavision
    Deltavision
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    any status on this feature request :-)

• Hey @Deltavision, thanks for reaching out. We don't currently have any updates regarding this feature request.

If you'd like, I can add your +1. Before I do so, could you let me know your use case and the importance of this feature for you? This will provide our product team with more information while considering the request.

Ali

• Deltavision
    Deltavision
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

exactly the same points as original post from @prlcutting :-)

• Thanks @Deltavision, I've passed your +1 along 👍

This discussion has been closed.