To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Will changing my 1Password password will affect the API token used for Fastmail integration?

Options
Wisteria
Wisteria
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Memberships

Hello 1Password Support Community,

I have been using 1Password + Fastmail integration for a while, and now I am considering changing my password for my 1Password account. Will changing my 1Password password revoke or in any way impact the existing API token used for the integration? Will I have to connect my 1Password and Fastmail accounts again after changing my password? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:changing password fastmail

Comments

• Hi @Wisteria,

Changing the account password should not have any effect on the Fastmail integration, once the account password is changed you should be able to continue using Fastmail as you have been. 🙂

• Wisteria
    Wisteria
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_josephine, thank you very much for your reply! It was really helpful to me.

• @Wisteria,

Not a problem, happy to help!

Once the password has been changed, I recommend making sure to save a copy of your Emergency Kit and take the time to record your account password on it to ensure you always have access to your account.

This discussion has been closed.