Different 1Password login for all devices?

Options
Timothy Arends
Timothy Arends
Community Member

I recently got a new iPhone 14+. The current 1Password is installed on the iPhone. I know the password to log into 1Password on my Mac and all my logins seem to be there. On my iPad Pro, I login using touch ID, but I don't know the password. On my new iPhone, I tried using the password for my Mac, but it doesn't seem to be working.

How do I determine the login for the iPhone? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @Timothy Arends

There could be a couple of things going on here. One is that you might be using åçčéñṱêḍ characters or other symbols in your account password, which aren't always handled the same by different devices. As a first step, check to make sure that your account password only contains characters from the ASCII set:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    space (entered using the Space bar)
    !"#$%&'()*+,-./\:;?@[]^_`{|}~

If not, you should change your 1Password account password, and take a look at how to choose a good 1Password account password.

Otherwise, unlock 1Password on one of your other devices and look for a Login item named 1Password Account, which will contain your account password. This item will have been generated when you first started using your 1Password account.

If you've tried both of those things and are still stuck, send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.