Wrong User ID Being Proposed for Walmart.com

Nusaram
Nusaram
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

Starting this week (May 15th), when I go to the Walmart login page (https://www.walmart.com/account/login?vid=oaoh&tid=0&returnUrl=/), 1Password is proposing (i.e., when I click in the field) the wrong the email address for the Email Address logon field! This happens when I navigate directly to that web page.

If, however, I use the Browser plugin to find my Walmart vault entry and select "Open & Fill," 1Password correctly populates the Email Address logon field. The same thing happens if I'm on the web page, 1Password is proposing the wrong email address when I click in the logon field, but if I use the Browser plugin to find my Walmart vault entry and select "Autofill," it correctly populates the logon field.

Again, this only started happening this week, the week of May 15th.

I visit the Walmart site very often, so this is very annoying.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.6 (81006027)
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nusaram, I'm not sure if Walmart updated the form. However, I do see that the form is providing the option for users to either sign in or sign up. It's possible that the sign up designation is creating some confusion for 1Password. Instead of suggesting an existing login, 1Password is now suggesting an email address from an Identity there.

I've reported the issue to our developers to see if there can be a fix for it. For now, I recommend using the following workaround to fill:

1. Go to the Walmart website and click to log in.
    2. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    3. The Login item should be suggested. If not, you can search for it using the 1Password search bar.
    4. Select the Login item and then click the "Autofill" button.

Additionally, you can use Quick Access to assist with filling your login: https://support.1password.com/quick-access/

I hope those suggestions can help. Let us know if you have any other questions.

ref: dev/core/core#14952

• Nusaram
    Nusaram
    Community Member

Thank you for reporting the issue, @Joy_1P.

Yes, I already know the workaround.

I look forward to the fix, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Thank you!

• Hey @Nusaram,

On behalf of Joy, you're welcome.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• Nusaram
    Nusaram
    Community Member

I can't remember exactly when, but not too long ago, with whatever new version, the issue has finally been resolved.

Thank you!

• Thank you for the update @Nusaram.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.