To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Mac Dekstop does not recognize new account

Options
petar
petar
Community Member

Hello, I've just started a new 1pass subscription, when asked about data import I chose lastpass. The next suggestion was to download the mac desktop app since they say it's easier this way. So I did. On the login screen when logging in with my email address and newly created master password (tripple checked the password) I'm getting an error that my account is no longer active ??

History:

• had an 1pass account last year that got frozen (I did not continue my subscription back then)
  • tried to subscribe today (since my lastpass ended today) and that did not succeed because my email address is already in the system
  • I can't remember my password so recovery was NOOP
  • Dediced to delete my old 1pass acount - SUCCESS
  • Created a new 1pass account and a subscription - SUCCESS
  • Went to login via desktop app - FAIL! "account no longer exists"

This is a serious red flag IMO.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• petar
    petar
    Community Member
    Options

Update: everything is good now, after some period of time and/or combination of logging in other places (browser extension/website) the desktop app started showing two user accounts for my name and email address.

• Hi @petar,

I'm glad to hear that everything is working however, if this issue comes up again, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.