Password history doesn't work

Options
MrMamen
MrMamen
Community Member

I've imported a lot of passwords from LastPass, and I'm trying to change some passwords. However the "View passwords history" doesn't work as intended. I've changed it on two sites now, and I can not find the original password on either of them.
In the first case I could simply not find a history for the password, the entry was simply overwritten. This was rather problematic as I the update action failed and I was not able to find my original password.
The other time I tred there was an entry in the password history, however it was just the same as the one I'd change into, NOT the original.
I tried checking the iOS app and I experienced the same status here.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Vivaldi
Referrer: forum-search:history

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @MrMamen! Based on your description, it sounds as if you're running into a known issue at the moment, which can occur when changing the password for an item with no pre-existing password history. I've added your case to the list of affected users. Although I'm not able to provide a specific timeline as yet, the good news is that our development team have created a fix for this issue, which should be included in a future update.

In the meantime, you can use the View Item History option on 1Password.com to retrieve the original password: View and restore previous versions of items

If you have any further questions or concerns, let me know 😄

ref: dev/core/core#21484

This discussion has been closed.