Yubikey 5 NFC Not working

Options
more_cowbell
more_cowbell
Community Member
edited May 2023 in iOS

I have 2 Yubikeys setup on my 1 password account. TOTP with Authy is still setup as well. I had to delete and reinstall 1Password on my ios devices and neither worked with the Yubikeys. Didn’t even let me used them. Just failed instantly after selecting keys. Had to use totp instead. iPad and Iphone.

What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.5
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @more_cowbell! 👋

I'm sorry that signing into the 1Password for iOS app using your Yubikey isn't working. Can you tell me what specific error message you see when the failure occurs?

Can you also let me know if you're able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (using Safari, not the app) on either your iPhone or iPad using the YubiKey?

-Dave

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P Yesterday it gave a generic failed message when I reinstalled. Today I went into 1Password.com and set require 2fa next login and tried apps again. Both iPad and phone. It doesn’t say “failed” but pops this sign in msg and bottom and there is a red icon showing in top right. Guessing it means offline.

I did also send a diag report. [#WJL-47463-396]

• GreyM1P
    Options

@more_cowbell

I can see someone from the team has replied to you about an hour ago, so they'll take it from here. :)

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P Yes, they said there is a known but. Seems like a pretty BIG bug that security keys don’t work. Why wouldn’t they be mention in this thread right away instead of asking me questions?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@more_cowbell

The bug doesn't affect all users. For example, I can use my YubiKey to authenticate my 1Password account on my iPhone with no issues. Since we have a communications channel open over email I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort. Please continue the conversation in the ticket that you have open. 🙂

-Dave

ref: WJL-47463-396

This discussion has been closed.