can you secure a vault inside of 1password

Options
I0hate0IT
I0hate0IT
Community Member

I want to secure a vault with my banking info so when I get mugged they can't take all my money out of the bank accounts. only social life online and crappy websites enough for identity theft

putting all the eggs in one basket a little risky, in the news recently people getting mugged on a night out and loosing everything because of mobile banking

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @I0hate0IT,

There is no way to additionally secure a single vault, the account password for your 1Password account will unlock the account upon entering it and once entered and unlocked, will provide access to all vaults within the account - to be able to access this vault, they would need your account password.

There are ways to achieve what you're looking to do in a round-about way, such as removing the 1Password app from your device or enabling Travel Mode when you're out during your daily life - Travel Mode is included with every 1Password subscription. If you’re stopped for inspection while traveling, the only vaults on your devices will be the ones you’ve marked as safe for travel and so, if your vault containing the banking information is not safe for travel, it won't be available on your device - it's important to note however, that this will effect all devices and so when requiring access to this vault on any other devices, you'll want to make sure that disable Travel Mode.

I've included two helpful links below:
    How to use 1Password's Travel Mode on your phone, tablet, and laptop
    Use Travel Mode to remove vaults from your devices when you travel

This discussion has been closed.