Apple Watch App Crashes When It’s Opened (I.e., When It Syncs With The iOS App)

nimvio
nimvio
Community Member

Not sure if this is already a logged bug, but anytime I open the app, it crashes, and I’m almost certain it has to do with syncing with the iOS app. Steps to reproduce: open the Watch app and it will freeze, then reopen the app and it’s useable. The same issue occurs when you update an item on iOS and open the Watch app again. I wonder if it’d be possible to show a spinning “loading” icon of some sort, to indicate it’s updating, otherwise it simply stays frozen. (I’m on the beta version, but it’s been an issue for quite some time, between versions.)

By the way, I really appreciate the Watch app that comes with the 1Password 8 app suite.

1Password Version: 1Password for iOS 8.10.7 81007016, on BETA channel
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 16.5.x
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @nimvio

Does the same thing happen with your Apple Watch in Airplane Mode? If it does, then it might be worth deleting 1Password from your Apple Watch and reinstalling it, since it would suggest it's not solely related to syncing.

Let me know how that goes and I'll be able to help further if needs be. :)

— Grey

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    edited May 2023

@GreyM1P , so far, in the latest TestFlight, as of writing on May 30, 2023, it still crashes when opening the Watch app after a change is made (e.g. adding an item to Watch), and thus, is syncing/refreshing the updates. (I’ve verified it’s a sync thing by replicating the issue.) I’m wondering if the app could display a loading screen, because trying to tap or scroll in the Watch app upon opening doesn’t seem to help, but it still occurs even if I just let it load.

• @nimvio

Thank you for the additional details. We've been able to reproduce the same behaviour here on our end and I've opened an internal issue so that our developers can investigate further.

Would you be willing to tell me which version of watchOS you're currently running and what model of Apple Watch you have so that I can add those details to the internal issue?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22189

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member

Hello @Dave_1P , sorry for the late reply. I’m on the most recent version of watchOS 9.5.1, model series 7, and I use the bleeding edge beta versions of every app of 1Password, always up to date.

• @nimvio

Thank you for those details. I've added them to the internal work item open for the issue.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22189

This discussion has been closed.