Identify as “new”Passkey” Websites

Options
bried
bried
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Lounge

On the Passkeys.Directory, I think its time to identify NEW Passkeys-Enabled sites as “NEW”. So tired of looking at all 46 now to see if I recognize a new one.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: iOS 16.6
Browser:_ Safary

Comments

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

Most don’t even support “passkeys”. Microsoft is listed for example, no passkey support though, only security keys as mfa

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @bried! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! I've passed it along to the team. 🙂

In case you're interested, we're testing a new Watchtower notification in the nightly version of the apps that will alert you when a website whose credentials you have saved in 1Password supports passkeys:

We hope to bring this to the production version of 1Password 8 as soon as possible after passkey support is officially introduced.

@chris55

On passkeys.directory, you can use the "Viewing" menu to switch between services that use passkeys for signing in and services that use passkeys for MFA:

I hope that helps!

-Dave

• bried
    bried
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. The filters are good to know but passkeys in watchtower, that is fantastic.

• bried
    bried
    Community Member
    Options

One more Comment: In reviewing the different implementations on passkeys in the SIGN-ON process, I thought this one is PERFECT

• Dave_1P
    Options

@bried

Thank you for sharing the screenshot! It's nice to see more and more services supporting passkeys. We're on the cusp of a more secure world. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.