Most confusing app I have ever used

Options
butgghcdg
butgghcdg
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Families

I'm new to 1password and signed up for the family plan on the super simple, straightforward, intuitive, well-designed Web site, but now I'm trying to use this bizarre Android app and have just spent an hour tapping around looking for a way to add family members, the natural first step for a new member. This was very obvious how to do it on the Website, but it doesn't seem to exist on this weird app. I've gone through every screen a dozen times and it's just not there. How did such a good company with a great reputation and a solid professional web site end up with a garbage mobile app that feels like it was designed by a 12-year-old on a Saturday morning? Did no one on the app team ever have a single conversation with the web site team? It's like they are two different companies. This Android app needs to just be tossed away and start all over. It's one of the worst mobile apps I have ever used. I am a professional software engineer of over 25 years and couldn't figure it out.

You guys should literally just copy Key Vault's design. They are several generations ahead of you.

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

Account management isn't present in the mobile (and desktop) apps. It's just not implemented. You need to go to the website for account management. There is an account management menu item in the app that will link to the browser. I would not say that seldom used missing functionality makes the app "garbage" - it's not a thing you need to do every day and with one fingertip. Missing? Yes. Garbage? Nah.

• Hi @butgghcdg,

The above commentor is correct in that the ability to invite family members can only be found when using 1Password.com within your web browser - there are three main components to 1Password:

**1. The Application **-
    The 1Password app is available across all devices, and it allows you to easily organize your secure information, and have everything available at your fingertips.

2. The 1Password browser extension -
    1Password in your Browser works independently from the desktop apps. For instance, you don't need to download 1Password for Mac or Windows in order to use 1Password in your Browser. If you unlock the 1Password for Mac or Windows app, 1Password in your Browser does need to be unlocked separately using your 1Password. One of the other big differences, 1Password in your Browser is only compatible with a 1Password account while the companion app extension can be used with a standalone license or a 1Password account - additionally, the extension is responsible for auto-filling your data.

3. The 1Password.com web interface -
    Your sign-in address is: https://my.1password.com/
    Signing-in to the web interface in your browser at the address above allows you to make several changes to your account such as managing billing and changing your account password. You can also use the Web Interface to view and edit items in your vaults, though this is more easily done through the 1Password app.

With that said, while I can't make any promises, I've filed a feature request regarding the ability to invite family members within the app, internally to bring this to the attention of our team. They regularly review feature requests from our customers to consider what should be added or changed to future versions of 1Password. Your feedback, along with feedback from our other customers, helps them immensely with their planning.

Thank you again for your suggestion, we appreciate your feedback and love hearing from you - Please let me know if you ever have other ideas on how we could improve 1Password or if there is anything else I can help you out with!

This discussion has been closed.