Master password not working in Android 12

Options
LearningToFly
LearningToFly
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Android

All of a sudden when I type in my master password on my Android 12 phone, I keep getting a message that it's not valid.
I am absolutely certain I'm typing in the correct master password.
Is there some issue going on?

Comments

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly
    Community Member
    Options

I will also add that I can use it on other devices, such as my laptop.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly
    Community Member
    Options

I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. I meant to post this in Android instead of lounge. Is there a way to change the forum on the post? I can't find it

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. I just restarted my phone and it's working now. Bizarre.

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi @LearningToFly

Sounds like things are as they should be at the moment, but let us know if you need anything and we'll be here to help. :)

— Grey

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

@GreyM1P It still seems strange that I had to restart my phone to get it working again. Maybe the restart cleared some buffer or something.

It would still be good to know how to move a post I created to a different forum. I felt a little stupid when I realized it had posted to the lounge instead of Android.

I was in the Android forum searching to see if others had had the same problem. When I didn't see it I hit create post. I guess I thought that would default to the forum I was in?
    Of course, there's a high probability that I screwed up.

• Hi @LearningToFly, thanks for following up with us.

I would agree that is odd behavior. I'm glad to hear it was a temporary issue. If you notice this again, I'd like to ask you to send in a diagnostics report as well as a short description of the issue with the steps in this guide: 1Password for Android diagnostics report.

I believe only the 1Password support members can move threads in the from one page to another. If a thread ever does end up on the wrong page, please feel to leave a note where you would like it moved. It's no trouble for us to send it where it belongs.

In testing I found that my posts ended up on the page where I created it. I'd be happy to bring this to the team though in case someone else can reproduce or if it may be an emerging issue.

Let us know if we can help with anything!

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy As far as the post ending up in the wrong forum, as I said it could very easily have been "user error". I had done several searches. It's quite possible that I ended up in the lounge before I decide to post.

One final comment. When I talk to people about password managers I always recommend 1Password. A lot of that has to do with your customer support. 👍

• Thanks for your kind words @LearningToFly! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password and that the Support team has been there to help.

Enjoy your weekend and always feel free to write in!

This discussion has been closed.