I enter my email into a username field - but 1P presents a different user login

Options
AnitaGraham
AnitaGraham
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I logged into a website to do some admin work, as I have been doing for several years.
I recently created and tested a new user for the same site - including logging in as that user.
Both logins are saved in the same vault.

One password popped the pictured screen up, with the new user as the suggested login.
I entered my email name. It continued to suggest the new user
(Why ask Save in 1Password? He is already saved in 1Password )

I typed my name into the 1Password extension, (no response from 1p) then located the correct entry, but 1P took no notice.

There was no auto-fill option showing on the correct entry , and in the end I copied and pasted the correct password into the field.

YoYoY is it so single minded? (And this is why it would be great to be able to limit actions like search to a single vault.)

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.6 (81006027)
Extension Version: 1Password in the browser 2.10.0
OS Version: 13.3.1 (a)
Browser:_ Arc

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @AnitaGraham! 👋

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble when filling a login into a website. For the new login: did you add the website address to the new Login item? If the new Login item doesn't include the website address then 1Password won't know to suggest your login on that website. You can add a website address by editing the item and then clicking "add website" before typing in the website address and saving the item.

(And this is why it would be great to be able to limit actions like search to a single vault.)

You can limit search to a single vault when using 1Password in the browser by clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, clicking on the 1Password icon in the pop-up, and then selecting the vault that you'd like to search:

Let me know if that doesn't work. 🙂

-Dave

• AnitaGraham
    AnitaGraham
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave, both suggestions worked and life will be easier... :-)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AnitaGraham I'm glad Dave's suggestions were helpful. If you have any other questions, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.