TN3270 IBM Personal Communication Manager

Options
ralabaj
ralabaj
Community Member

Hello,
Has anyone heard of a way to interface IBM Personal Communication Manager to 1Password to recognize sessions and auto populate?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:TN3270

Comments

• Hello @ralabaj,

Thanks for your message. Could tell us more about what you are trying to accomplish by interfacing IBM Personal Communication Manager and 1Password? I'm not familiar with this app and some additional details may help us or the community to point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to your reply.

• ralabaj
    ralabaj
    Community Member
    Options

I want to try to use the script / macro funtion to call 1password to pull the userid and password from a login object with the same name as the session.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@ag_mike_d This app is a terminal app for displaying text from a host, similar (in spirit) to Telnet, to connect to an IBM mainframe host. Not a web (http) browser, but some standalone app.
    The login is text within the text form currently displayed. No formalized login. No web page. You cannot even detect from the outside that there is a login form present at all.

I didn't use that app for 20 years, but I guess drag+drop credentials will work, or copy+paste, similar to other non browser apps.

Should you ever implement autofill for apps, this app probably would not even work with that, because you cannot identify the currently displayed form as login form.

@ralabaj You can try the command line client of 1Password to pull data in an automated way: https://1password.com/downloads/command-line/

• Thanks for the assist here, @Tertius3.

@ralabaj - I've included a link to our guide, Use Quick Access to fill in apps that is referenced by @Tertius3. Give this suggestion a try! You might also try the type in window option which can be found by right-clicking the username/password fields in 1Password for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.