Adding 2FA recommendation to Postman and OpenAI accounts for two-factor authentication

Options
CharDSon
CharDSon
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Add recommendation for Postman and OpenAI (ChatGPT) accounts for two-factor authentication.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Fedora Workstation 38
Browser:_ Mozilla Firefox

Comments

• Hey @CharDSon,

Can you provide me with a little more information as to where you are referring to?

Do you mean the sites that appear within Watchtower as having Two-factor authentication available for set up?

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    Options

I apologize for the lack of clarity. I would like to request that Watchtower includes a notification indicating that these accounts support two-factor authentication.

• Thank you for getting back to me @CharDSon.

To check for items that support two-factor authentication, 1Password downloads TwoFactorAuth information from watchtower.1password.com and compares your websites locally on your own device.

It is posisble that these websites are not listed on 2fa.directory which is why they are not appearing in Watchtower. You can find out more information here: TwoFactorAuth.

I hope this helps!

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for the information, I had no idea that 1Password used third party Open Source projects, that's great.

• You're welcome @CharDSon, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.