Chrome - Problems connecting

Options

Since today when I open chrome I am asked for the master password even though the 1password app is already unlocked (it also says "Chrome has an update available. Restart Chrome to install the update and reconnect with 1password").
In the browser settings under the switch "Integrate with 1password app" (which is activated) it says:"Problems connecting. Please ensure the 1password app is unlocked".
In the app the flag "connect with 1password in the browser" is activated.
What can I check?

Thanks

Windows 11
Browser extension version: 2.11.0
1password version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.8 (81008002)

Comments

• Hey @vidario,

Can you let me know if you have given Chrome a restart? Does it improve things?

If it hasn't helped, can you try the following steps:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Turn off 'Integrate with 1Password app'
    3. Completely quit both your browser and your 1Password desktop app.
    4. Open and unlock your 1Password app
    5. Open your browser and re enable the integration setting.

Let me know how you get on and if this improves things.

• vidario
    vidario
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, your suggestions did not work.
    I attach a couple of screenshots

Chrome version is 114.0.5735.91

• Thank you for getting back to me @vidario, I'm sorry for the trouble.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here, thank you!

• vidario
    vidario
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles, here is the ticket number: [#JIC-67285-214]
    Thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vidario thanks for sharing that with us. I have found your ticket and will make sure we respond to it as soon as we can.

ref: JIC-67285-214

• guicosta
    guicosta
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. Did you reach a solution?

• vidario
    vidario
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! In my case, the problem was the nightly version. Reinstalling the stable version solved my problem

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @guicosta, sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with 1Password in the browser. To better understand what is happening, I'd like to ask a few questions:

• What browser are you using and what version of that browser are you running?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed?
    • What steps are you taking to use 1Password in the browser and what specific unexpected behavior do you see?
    • Do you use the 1Password desktop app? If so, what version is it?

We'll be able to assist once we get the details above. We hope to hear from you again.

• Hey @guicosta,

Are you still having trouble with 1Password connecting with your browser?

Let us know if we can help at all!

• guicosta
    guicosta
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not, thank you for following up @steph.giles! I don't know what I did, but after a few days it just started working. All browser profiles are now connected to the desktop app properly.

• Thank you for the update @guicosta, let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.