Options
gullevek
gullevek
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

View 1Password's Approved Answer

iPad OS: 16.5
1password: 8.10.7

Create new Login, or Password or anything and add a password field.

iPad without Magic keyboard:
input OK, but delete (backspace) does not really work. it might delete the character after several tries, and the cursor will jump like crazy one position back and forth. First character is not delectable
iPad with Magic keyboard:
only first character input ok, further character input hangs and no further input is possible. Backspace sometimes works, but to get it work you need to press the key many many times. select all and delete works.
Sometimes pressing random characters will make the input work, but very slow.

To actually input a password you need to write it down some place else and copy it from there.

iOS with the same version has no problems

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad OS 16.5
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @gullevek! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue, I can reproduce the same behaviour on my own iPad and I've opened an internal work item with our development team so that they can investigate further. While I'm not able to provide any sort of forecast as to if or when we'll be able to resolve this issue, I can tell you that we're aware that it's something in need of fixing. I hope you can understand.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the issue, hopefully it can be fixed soon.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22204

• gullevek
    gullevek
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you,

current work around: input password in iPhone
    de-merit: friends asking you why you don't use KeePass ...

• Dave_1P
    Options

@gullevek

Our developers are on the case and hopefully the issue will be resolved soon in a future update. Thank you again for the report. 🙂

-Dave

• pbns1979
    pbns1979
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Are there any known bugs atm regarding entering and editing passwords on iOS (both iPhone and iPad)? When I try to enter a password it only registers a few characters before more characters are not registeret at all and the marker starts to blink (almost like it’s erasing something). This is happening on both my iPhone 14 Pro and iPad Pro 2018 (both running the latest iOS and 1Password).

OS Version: iOS 16.5

• glo
    glo
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having the same issue using iPhone 12 and iPad

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @pbns1979 and @glo! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into difficulties when editing a password field in an item. This is a known issue that our developers are aware of and are working to resolve. We're currently testing a fix in the latest beta version of the app and, if testing goes well, we hope to include the fix in the App Store version as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting the issue, hopefully we'll have a fix out soon.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22207

• JerryFletcher70
    JerryFletcher70
    Community Member
    Options

Just adding how frustrating this issue is. I work primarily on an iPad and my family largely interacts with our family account through iPhones. We’ve been with 1Password for years but I’m getting close to switching. The product is inferior in many ways to when I started, including this debacle of not being able to type in a password. I’m not sure if you are aware, but that may be the single most important function a password manager needs. The greatest password security in the world doesn’t matter if you can’t put any passwords into it. For the past few weeks, I’ve been writing new passwords down in a notebook and wondering what exactly I am getting for my 1Password subscription.

And as a technical note, I have tried going back and forth from my iPad to iPhone and the data entry is broken on both, though occasionally one will work well enough to accept an edit or addition. But copy and paste seems to be the most reliable workaround but I am not going to walk my wife and son through a multi-step process involving other apps just to update a password. They would have even less patience for that routine than I do.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@JerryFletcher70

I'm sorry for the frustration that the issue is causing to you and your family and I appreciate that you took the time to provide such detailed feedback. I've shared your post with the team internally; we're all eager to see this issue resolved and we understand how much of an impact it has on your use of 1Password.

I do have some good news: our developers have finished coding a fix and we're currently testing that fix in the latest beta version of 1Password for iOS. As soon as we verify that the fix fully resolves the issue and doesn't contain any bugs we'll include it in a future update to 1Password as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and hopefully this issue will be fixed shortly.

-Dave

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member
    Options

Good day,
    only in 1Password and nowhere else on the iPhone keyboard strokes are not taken over.

The Back key is taken over.

I have tested it:
    The error also occurs with normal passwords, not only with PIN codes, and also with letters.

Can't attach you the screen capture I made.

Restarting the iPhone did not help. Nor did closing the app completely.

Kind regards,

Zuano

• berny1p
    berny1p
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me in iOS 16.5, iPhone 12 Pro. Hope will soon be fixed ...

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm sorry that you're both also running into the issue. We're currently testing a fix in beta and we hope to include it in an update to 1Password as soon as possible.

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Zuano! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when using the backspace key with 1Password. This sounds like an issue that our developers are currently working on and hope to get fixed soon. You mentioned that you had a screen recording, could you send an email to support+forum@1Password.com with a link to this thread? Our support team can send you a secure link to send in your recording so that we can take a look. Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the recording.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• OTHbill
    OTHbill
    Community Member
    Options

For the past week in 1Password on my iPhone I cannot type in or erase some letters for passwords. Keyboard works fine in all other areas. My wife and I share an account, and she does not have the problem. I've uninstalled twice, but problem persists.

Referrer: forum-search:Iphone randomly prevents entering some letters for passwords

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thank you for the report @OTHbill We've had reports like this. I'll get your report added to our tracker and get this before the team. My apologies for the trouble you've encountered.

• OTHbill
    OTHbill
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. My work around for now is to write the PW in the notes section and ask my wife to enter in the PW section since she is not having the problem.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@OTHbill – You might also find that you're able to cut and paste from the Notes section into the Password field, which might be a bit easier. :)

• OTHbill
    OTHbill
    Community Member
    Options

That worked!! Thanks!

• twojtyniak
    twojtyniak
    Community Member
    Options

This is also occurring for me and my girlfriend. It is quite intolerable, and I hope that it is getting the high level of attention it deserves.

• rdubya
    rdubya
    Community Member
    Options

iPhone 13 Pro Max running IOS 16.5 running IOS 8.10.7
    When adding a new item in the app, typing in a password is not functioning properly. I have to type the same key 4-5x before the character appears in the password field.

OS Version: IOS 16.5
    Browser:_ NA
    Referrer: forum-search:IOS 16.5 app on iphone 13 Pro Max not accepting typed characters

• Dave_1P
    Options

@twojtyniak and @rdubya

I'm sorry that the issue is disrupting your use of 1Password. A fix has been coded and is being tested in the beta version, if testing goes well then we hope to include it in an update to the App Store version as soon as possible.

-Dave

• rluhrman
    rluhrman
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

1Password for IOS build 8.10.7

I’m in the process of updating passwords for some websites. I’m using my iPad (5th Gen, IOS 16.5) and the cursor will delete the letter I typed a few times, then it will stay, but then the next letter will be deleted, appear over and over and finally be deleted. Then when I type it again, it will appear once and stay.

I have not tested on Mac or PC yet.

The behavior is like the old telnet terminals when the connection was bad.

Could not find if anyone has reported this yet.

Any ideas?

Edit: does the same on iPhone 13 Pro Max, IOS 16.5

• Dave_1P
    Options

@rluhrman

I've merged your comment into an existing thread for the issue so that we can keep everyone who is affected updated. 🙂

This is a known issue that our developers are working to resolve. We're testing a fix and we hope to release that fix as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the issue is causing.

-Dave

• ae6dx
    ae6dx
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using iOS 16.5 1password 8.10.7 iphone 14 pro max. When I create a new log in and enter the password I have to press each character multiple times before it sticks. It starts to appear then vanishes. I have restarted my phone and reinstalled 1password with no luck.

• Murman
    Murman
    Community Member
    Options

I normally have 1Password generate long and complex passwords for the sites I go to.

Today I had the need to create a password manually and I found (on both iPhone and iPad Mini, using latest iOS and 1Password software) I couldn’t type capital letters after the forth or fifth character.

I could type: 7.afxc6 as an example.

But when I tried to type 7.aF I couldn’t type the capital letter F.

I tried on both my iPhone and iPad Mini.

Strangest thing I’ve ever seen.

Thoughts?

Murray

OS Version: iOS & iPadOS 16.5

• yowie
    yowie
    Community Member
    Options

Experiencing the same issue on iOS. Using the latest version of the iOS application.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ae6dx, @Murman, and @yowie

Your comments have been merged into the existing thread for the issue.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the issue is causing, our developers are aware of the bug and are working to get a fix out for the issue as soon as possible. I've added you all to the internal work item for the issue so that the team is aware that you're affected.

-Dave

• ae6dx
    ae6dx
    Community Member
    Options

Are we able to be added to the beta?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ae6dx

You can find instructions on how to join the beta here: Use 1Password beta releases

If you receive a message that the beta is full then it means that all of the available spots are currently being used but you can try to join again later. Spots do free up from time to time. 🙂

-Dave

• gzylbergmail
    gzylbergmail
    Community Member
    Options

Cannot edit a login password field. You have to tap letter twice to get one letter.
    Both on my iPad and my phone iOS 16.5
    1Password for iOS 8.10.7 81007041, on PRODUCTION channel

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Cannot edit a login password field. You have to tap letter twice to get one letter

This discussion has been closed.