Chrome/Opera extension issues

Options
webregnet
webregnet
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there,

There is a problem with the chrome extension concerning the locking and unlocking which do not follow the status of the 1Password application. Every time I start Opera/Chrome, I have to manually unlock the extension, even though the application is already unlocked. Even more, I can't even use my fingerprint to unlock extension.

The various security settings of the 1password extension don't change anything. There are even different possible settings. I can set the lock on inactivity to 4 hours in the application and 8 hours in the extension. It's inconsistent. Similarly, the extension doesn't lock on 'suspend activity' when it's set to do so in the application.

On the other hand, the Firefox extension works perfectly and reflects the status of 1password. If the application is locked and unlocked, so is Firefox.

macOS Version 13.4 (22F66) 13.4.0 x86_64
Chromium :113.0.5672.127

Kind Regards

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: 13.4
Browser:_ Opera

Comments

• Hey @webregnet,

Opera is not one of our fully supported browsers so although you can install and use 1Password in it, the integration with your 1Password app will not work.

You can see our list of supported browsers here: Get 1Password for your browser.

In the meantime, I have put in a request with our product team on your behalf to look to add support for Opera in a future update.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

ref: 33435788

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer.

I use Opera, it's working on chromium, so the extension is the same, the one you advice.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-–-password-mana/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa

I will install and give a try to Chrome to compare what's going on with 1P between Opera.

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome works fine with 1P, for sure.

There is a 1P General setting for the extension which is not working even if enabled

Integrate with 1password application
    Lock or unlock the browser extension and 1Password app at the same time.

• Thanks for getting back to me @webregnet.

Yes it is expected that the integration will work in Chrome but not in Opera, is this what you are experiencing?

You can continue to use 1Password in Opera with the integration disabled.

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it is.

Enable or not, it seams to work independently with it own settings

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    Options

Issues reported to Opera support.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @webregnet, the 1Password extension can be installed in Opera. However, it will not connect to the app to share a lock state. This is because we do not officially support Opera. So the extension will operate from Opera independently as a standalone tool.

For now, I recommend using Universal Autofill instead of the extension to fill your logins in Opera. Universal Autofill comes from the app directly. Here's more about it: https://support.1password.com/mac-universal-autofill/

As an alternative, I would recommend using Chrome if you wish for the extension to connect to the app. I also recommend using other browsers that we currently support, like Firefox or Brave. We have a list of them with links to install the extension here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

I hope that insight is helpful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@webregnet You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.