Offer to save not working anymore

Options
grovolis21
grovolis21
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi all,

Since the last 1Password extension update (see versions below), I'm not getting any prompts to save suggested passwords when registering on websites. I have use the password generator history, to manually copy and create a login.

Anything I can try to do?

Thanks,
George

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007041)
Extension Version: 1Password in the browser 2.11.0 (21100005)
OS Version: macOS 13.4 (22F66)
Browser:_ Safari 16.5 (18615.2.9.11.4)

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @grovolis21! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not being prompted to save your passwords in Safari. Are you still seeing a suggested password appear on the page like this:

If you do then what happens when you click on "Use Suggested Password"? Does a message appear? Or does nothing happen?

-Dave

• grovolis21
    grovolis21
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P ,

As a matter of fact, I do see the suggested password appear, I click on it and it gets autofilled. However, there is no popup to save it as a new login item. I have to navigate to the password generator history to fetch the password that was just autofilled, and create the login item manually.

Not sure if I can provide any logs or something.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @grovolis21, that is strange. I have a few questions:

• Does that also happen when you click on the suggested password on our test form at https://fill.dev/form/registration-email?
    • Do you use other browsers with 1Password? If so, does the same issue occur there?
    • Are you able to save and your logins normally via the inline menu?
    • Do you have any other extensions installed in your browser? If so, what are they?

If we need logs, we'll let you know soon. In the meantime, we'll be waiting for the requested info above. Talk to you again soon.

• grovolis21
    grovolis21
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P,

1) I just tried and it works fine on https://fill.dev/form/registration-email, which was a bit surprising!
    2) I use Edge (also on other OSes) and it works fine there
    3) I can save via the inline menu, yes
    4) I've got quite a few, but have not installed any new one recently

Here goes the list:

• 1Blocker
    • 1Password
    • Bitwarden (work)
    • OTP Auth
    • Super Agent
    • CamelCamelCamel
    • TickTick
    • Bear
    • Cookie-Editor
    • Baking Soda
    • Vinegar
    • Noir
    • Zotero
    • Anylist
    • DayOne
    • Reeder 5

That's everything!

I think what I will do is keep an eye on it, if I come across any website that it doesn't work, I will take note and report back! I might have been a matter of restarting my Mac which I did last night :)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grovolis21 thanks for getting back to us about this. Since things are working as they should be on our test form, then let's wait until you run into the issue again. If you do, please make note of the site and let us know about it, like you had said. We'll be happy to help from there.

This discussion has been closed.