"Sign in with.." forwarding to Google choose an account page

Options

When using the "Sign in with.." feature in 1Password in firefox I'm just being directed to the Google account selection page rather than just signing in with the account I have saved in 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: MacOS 13.3.1 (a)
Browser:_ Firefox 113.0.2

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hmckenzie, that is strange. Could you tell me if this is happening on a specific website? If so, what is the URL to that website?

• ihordotsenko
    ihordotsenko
    Community Member
    Options

I have had the same problem already for quite a while.

The actual behavior:

1) I visit airtable.com
    2) I see an option displayed by 1Password and click on the Sign in button.
    3) The Google's Sign in page with my accounts gets opened and then nothing happens.
    4) I have to select the right account manually to proceed with the sign-in process.

1Password Version: 8.10.9
    Extension Version: 2.13.0
    OS Version: macOS Ventura Version 13.5 (22G74)
    Browser: Google Chrome 115.0.5790.170 (Official Build) (x86_64)

• ihordotsenko
    ihordotsenko
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

@hmckenzie I added more info in the comment above several days ago. Could you take a look?

• ihordotsenko
    ihordotsenko
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P I added more info in the comment above several days ago. Could you take a look?

• Hey @ihordotsenko,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have done some extensive testing on this website and was able to replicate the behaviour you are describing but only in Chrome. There is expected auto-direct behavior when we click on the "Sign in with" button, but 1Password should finish the rest of the login process for you without you needing to click on your Google account if you already have this association saved in 1Password.

If you are already signed in to your Google account in Firefox and then go to airtable.com what happens when you click on the 'Sign in with' prompt from 1Password?

• ihordotsenko
    ihordotsenko
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

@steph.giles Sorry, I use only Google Chrome and can't confirm if it exists in Mozilla Firefox or not.

• Apologies @ihordotsenko, I misread the information you provided.

I have added your findings to the internal issue we have for our development team to take a look at. I hope we can improve the behaviour in a future update.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: dev/core/core#22926

This discussion has been closed.