How to I control access to a "shared" vault?

Options
dschultz
dschultz
Community Member

Hi all. I hope someone can help with this. I set up a vault to share with my wife a long time ago. I am now adding other family members and creating another vault to share with everyone. However, the original vault I set up for use only by my wife and I says "Everyone in your family can view and edit items in this vault." But I don't want everyone to have access to it. How do it change access to that vault so only my wife and I have access?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dschultz

I'd be happy to help with that. It sounds like you may've ended up using the built-in Shared vault for sharing with your wife. This vault can be renamed, but its permissions cannot be changed.

As such it may be prudent to create a new vault for sharing with your wife, and adjusting the permissions on that new vault accordingly. You can then move the items from the original vault to the new one, and remove any remnants from the original vault's Archive & Recently Deleted.

You can then also create any additional vaults you'd like to share with various family members. Instructions for creating and sharing vaults can be found here:

Share passwords with your family

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.