Firefox Browser Add-on staying open

Options

When I open 1Password in the browser it stays open till I click on an action ie open & fill. If I do anything else ie browse 'All Items' or copy a password, it still stays open. You must do an 'open & fill' action for it to close.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.10
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Firefox 114.0
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox Browser Add-on staying open

Comments

• Hey @FineWine,

Apologies if I've misunderstood your question.

If you click anywhere else on the page outside of the popup 1Password should close, is that the behaviour you are seeing?

I look forward to hearing from you.

• FineWine
    FineWine
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Sorry I did not explain fully. No it does not close when clicking else where on browser page. It used to but not since FF113, I think.

• FineWine
    FineWine
    Community Member
    Options

On further investigation I believe this could be a Firefox bug introduced with FF113 or 114. It is happening with all pop-ups. As you can see they refuse to close until I click on an action within the pop-up menu. They do not close on clicking outside of the pop-up.

• FineWine
    FineWine
    Community Member
    Options

Mystery solved. Though I have not been in Firefox about:config for months the 'ui.popup.disable_autohide' setting was set to 'true' when it should have been 'false'. Pop-ups now, again, close when you click outside of them.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FineWine it's great to hear that you figured this out! We appreciate you posting the solution here. Hopefully it can help someone running into the same issue in the future.

This discussion has been closed.